I really like this song by Natasha Bedingfield.
I first heard it when my cousin sang it during our karaoke night and ironically, i think I prefer her version over the original (must be blood loyalty).
"I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned."
And since this is the first week of the year, I felt it quite apt to inculde it in this entry.
I'm also trying to finish up the rest of my resolutions......
(warning: girly-girl issues ahead)
1. Stop wearing those ill-fitted (but comfy) satin bras and start investing on some raunchier push-up ones (haha). Seriously, except for my sports bras (which i prefer to wear anyway), i find that my ordinary ones fit bad. Probably because i hate wearing underwired and i'd do away with bras altogether (blame it on the influence of my aunt in the states whose probably enjoying herself in some hippie farm in Alabama right now) if it weren't for the fact that i'd be so bothered with all that "jiggling."
2. Burn my old, abused corduroy pants and invest in some new ones. I'd like to think that my corduroys are like having pet dogs, they can get thinner as they get older, but still be the same lovable creatures that they were when you first bought them. But there comes a time when the holes are getting too big and your ass is spilling out (and unless your some cute,hot unaware guy like Maximo actor Ping Medina, then I don't think you can get away with that kind of shit) and since corduroy isn't the most expensive fabric in the world, then I figure getting new ones are okay. (But on second thought, i'm still keeping my ratty ones)
3.Over the holidays, I've noticed my family has decided to ditch the old traditional Filipino party format (ya know, the typical noodle ("for long life"), meat dishes and rice cakes fare) and opted for a more "continental" (read:hoity-toity) approach. So basically, we had alot of wine and cheese parties. Which kinda freaked out my "hefty" cousins who are so used to rice meals. I guess it's a good change. But I don't think it'll help us lose weight if we get more than double servings because the portions are cut so small (mushroom horderves are yum!). So my resolution on this is to not get trapped into eating my usual default no-brainer fare. Maybe I could get used to fastfood veggie meat at Bodhi instead of KFC..........
4. Read more, rant less. Not that I have time to blog as much as before anyway, but I've noticed the piles of unread books in my room piling up and I haven't really been trying to catch up with that (Blame it on The Far Side books I got for Christmas, which left my classic reads totally forsaken). But I promise, starting this month, i will read, read and read!
5. Don't really mind the Joneses. Although society has already declared (who the f**k comprises of society anyway?!?) what it deems acceptable and atrocious, I see no reason why I should choose not to ascribe to that particular book of rules. We may coincidentally have similar beliefs (like not walking around in the city with just your underwear, worn inside out or picking your nose with your feet), but that doesn't mean I agree with other things. I think too many rules make life hard for people. To the point that they are a burden already. Rules should be pliant like the bamboo (Which applies to Pinoys, according to a cool filipino writer).
6. Lessen my dependency on "sugar highs." If quick fixes like this were as easily applied to sex, well........ haha, i'll just leave it at that.